Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Bug

School is winding down for the kids. Everyone is a bit excited and a lot hyperactive.

This morning, we had a bug alert. Emma advised Tony that there was a bug on his uniform collar. Like most siblings, he didn't believe her. He came in the house where Elena confirmed Emma's report. He still didn't believe it. So, he came to his mom, who does not like bugs.

I didn't see a bug on his collar because by then, it had crept onto his neck. He felt it way before I saw it...and swatted the earwhig thing...right onto my leg. Of course, I screamed and hopped about, much to the satisfaction of the children.

The offending insect was terminated.

This is the start of my day? Don't bug me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No bugs were harmed during the writiing of this post!

07 June, 2006 00:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame shame shame on you, my friend. Even earwigs deserve to live their little God-given lives. I think that if we were swatted and smooshed by people that didn't like us, there'd probably be no one left on earth.
Joanie(who tries not to kill anything but is a hypocrite that eats meat sometimes)

10 June, 2006 11:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home