Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

Silver? Already?

I've just returned from the Southern Tier of New York. Stan and Marilyn celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary this weekend, and both of their fine sons were there to celebrate with them. Stan's sister and her family attended, too.

I realized that I don't spend enough time with these people who are so close to my heart. I spend so much of my free time fussing about getting together with relatives who probably would truly rather do something else than see me. I know, that sounds sad, but it's an unfortunate fact of life. I'm not throwing the blanket over all the relatives, though; a lot of them I consider as friends, and they are always happy to see me. Others, some local ones, always make it a chore to get together.

Stan and Marilyn have a lot to be proud of...and it hasn't been easy for them. They are earning a great seat, as my husband would say. These beautiful people spoke heartfelt words to each other, and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. I don't want to intrude on their privacy, so I am going to stop here, but remember it forever.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my friends at the beach in three weeks or so. It keeps all of us sane.

Happy Anniversary with many more good years to Marilyn and Stan! Keep smilin'....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Marie. It was really special to have our "family" with us to celebtate.
Marilyn and I hope we earn out great seat next to yours. That, would be really special!

28 May, 2006 02:23  
Blogger Reading Reader said...

It wouldn't be heaven for me unless you two were there.

30 May, 2006 18:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home