Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Answered Prayers

Wow, did it rain yesterday. As my Texan mother-in-law would say, "it was a toad-strangler!" Niagra Falls moved south to Whitfield....for about an hour. This rain event happened while we were sitting down to dinner, at the rush hour for most folks.

Unfortunately, Route 12 (the bypass, in local jargon...as opposed to Route 222, the Road to Nowhere, which now goes somewhere) flooded. According to the Reading Eagle, this has never happened before. One of the major arteries of Berks County, an impassable Route 12 created quite a difficulty for many people. Another road very close to my home, State Hill Road, was also closed due to flooding. So much for going to the Berkshire Mall!

Having observed daily jungle torrents in the Amazon, and 1972's Hurricane Agnes in Wyoming Valley, I have to say that the precipitation yesterday was among the heaviest I have seen. It wasn't the longest, though. We can be thankful for that small miracle yesterday.

Not to be too picky, but what we really need is a long lasting, soft rain for our gardens. I hope the heavy humidity and heat holds off, too. That's for me, though, not the garden....

Tomato Plant Update

It appears as if there is one tiny shoot coming out of the tomato stump. Let's pray for His Plant! I'll keep you posted. Tony also brought home a cucumber yesterday that he also grew. I planted it yesterday after school. Sheesh, I hope it didn't drown.

"All good things around us are sent by Heaven above."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home