Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bye Bye Big Boy

Politics is a hot subject. I love the day after an election. The silly taped phone calls from "Out of Area" stop bothering me. The even sillier glossy campaign flyers stop ending in my garbage can. The nice ladies and men and the poll booth sit back and relax. The reporters sleep in after a night of doing their duty.

I hooted this morning at the breakfast table. Actually hooted. In a desperate bid to keep his seat that he managed to hold on to for twenty four or so years, Chip Brightbill went nuts in his campaign. He got dirty. He dug up an old girlfriend of his opposition. He claimed that he himself was a family man. Interesting...one night in July, he voted himself a pay raise, too. Too bad, Chip. Bad move. One of his campaign workers called me, a real live person. Well, for those of you who know me, you can guess what I did. Yep, that's right...I gave her a hard time. I am appalled at the arrogance and self-centeredness of many Pennsylvania politicians. Many statements from them claimed that voters wouldn't come out to vote them out or they would understand or forget about the pay raise or the lack of property tax reform. Hey Chip, howcum you never called me in the past 24 years for anything other than my vote? Ask me what I think on some of the issues. Send me a glossy question filled survey and ask me what's important in my world.

Chip took the day off today. The "apathetic" voters who wouldn't turn out forced him to concede at 10p.m. the evening of the election. The polls closed at eight. Now these guys are saying that they hope we're happy to vote in inexperienced folks and that it will bite us in the butt. Awwwww.....now they care. I say term limits of four years.

That's enough time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home