Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Library Day

Yesterday was a fun fun day. On Tuesdays, I usually supervise lunch for Emma Rose's class. The usual suspects are six years old and full of energy. Some are well-behaved, and a certain few are not. All are adorable and wonderful.

Sometimes I help during their library hour on Tuesdays, too. The librarian is always there, and I get to read a book to half the class, and then read the same book to the other half a little later. I get to check out the books, and this is great because I really get to know the kindergarteners and what they like. Yesterday, the librarian was away, so another mom and I took over library. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Some kind soul donated a big box, decorated as a treehouse/book club. Two flashlights waited inside for the lucky readers. Kids were allowed to go in by twos and look at books in there. Egads. In theory, this is a nice, fun, cool idea. In practice, it's not. I turned around to see one of the young energetic girls whack another little angel in the head with a hardcover book. Sister Pat came in from the computer classroom next door with some stern looks for the children. Poor Emma Rose and her group had to walk around the building in the heat prior to the start of computer class because of that group's behavior during library. Sigh. I guess I should stick with young adults.

Here's to nap time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Carten said...

As a former "Office" (the person you were sent to when you were bad) at a high school, I always thought it was a good idea to add just a bit of choloroform to the air conditioning system. Keep the kids quiet.

We never did it, but if I had my way...

01 June, 2006 04:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home