Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Is It Thanksgiving Break Yet?

After Monday, I'll have a little time off for Thanksgiving. THANK YOU!!!!!

I have so many things to do right now, I find myself forgetting all sorts of mundane things that I don't normally forget. I told my 8 am class I must've left their corrected papers somewhere else, and guess what? I HAD THEM WITH ME! I tried to call my in-laws and I called Stan. I guess I'm just off my groove a bit. Some yummy roast turkey and a day or two without driving to school sounds like the antidote.

Yesterday, we went to a Boy Scout Pack Meeting. Sorry, but I don't really enjoy Boy Scouting. The leader needed to speak to "the parents" while the boys watched a movie. He lectured us about all the things he wanted the pack to participate in. He handed out a list that included activities at least two weekends a month for several hours at a shot. He lamented about how no one was interested in skiing. Then...here's the kicker, folks. The leader said that we all needed to volunteer more, and that he needed us to take over the running of one of these many activities. Hello? This guy just announced that he'd like the boys to sing Christmas Carols on BCTV on Dec. 20! Nobody wanted to do it, but he cajoled the kids and parents. Now he wants somebody who doesn't want to do this activity to "step up" and run it.

My eyes involuntarily rolled during this evening. I've been trying to stop that because it is so rude. Why do control people feel the need to tell me what family activities I "need" to choose to do? My son likes to "hang out" with his Boy Scout buddies. Does this mean that B.S.A. runs my life? Sorry, pal, but the answer is a loud, resounding, eye-rolling NO!

Whew, that felt good. Thanks for listening to my rant. I have three kids in different activities, so I needed to vent.

Elena marched in the Reading Holiday parade today. Emma and I enjoyed watching it. Tony and Tony are...you guessed it...with the Boy Scouts at the Jesuit Novitiate marching around. Now the girls and I are hanging out at home, getting ready to go see "Flushed Away" for some comedy relief.

Keep smilin'. Five more days to Turkey Day. Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26 November, 2006 11:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26 November, 2006 11:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home