Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006

Frazzled

Well, the beginning of the school year is fast approaching. Supply lists and backpack choices need to purchased, syllabi need to be created, uniforms and clothing and shoes need to be purchased or ordered or dusted off or whatever. Lunchboxes? Folders? Contact paper? Summer Reading Books?

Then we need the cash...lunch emergency money...school stationary money...party money...field trip money...teacher appreciation money...I could keep going, but I might get depressed.

I teach at two schools...Elena goes to a high school now, and Emma and Tony go to their elementary school. I am very relieved that both schools I teach at have their Spring Breaks the same week this year. WAHOO! I am very grateful that I have a schedule that allows me to be home when the kids are home. I am distraught about my husband's scheduled work runs. I am ecstatic that I've been excused from jury duty on the first day of school...Thank you Berks County Courts! You do have a heart. I'm not looking forward to meetings of various kinds, either...Back to School Night, Freshman Picnic, Meet the Teacher Night, First Grade Open House, English Department Meeting, College of Liberal Arts Meeting, Cheerleading Parent Meeting, Wrestlers Meeting, How to Meetings, Where Is My Brain Meetings.

Two women I know don't even have their kids properly registered at their schools yet. Somebody else is still deciding which college to attend, and another which courses to take. Students and parents are wrestling with the torrent of financial aid paperwork. AND...Eliot is overdue for his Senior Feline Checkup.

Was it T.S. Eliot who said "Hold on tight, Marie," or was that somebody else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home