Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Greetings

Our family is invited to a baptism today...nothing unusual in that except that this child is our friends' ninth child.
On one of my usual trips to Shady Maple, I thought I'd quickly pick up a baptism card to save myself some trouble. WRONG.....After digesting the slim pickins of baptism cards, I chose one and got a huge sticker shock. FOUR DOLLARS for a card...I remember when the four dollars would be considered a good-sized gift in a birthday card.

Forget it.

Put the card back, figuring I'd head to Target or the Hallmark store anyhow.

Then I remembered my Hallmark Card Studio software from 2003. Funny, but I must have gone through a printer or two since I used this software last. I had to print out the card two or three times until I got it exactly right. So there. PHTTTTTT!!! to grocery store card prices.

Makes me crazy.

I know people who only send e-cards. This is fun, but I don't feel right attending an event and saying...check your e-mail. E-cards are great, but sometimes not appropos.

It is 75.8 degrees as I write this at 11:19 a.m. I am grateful for the weather change.

Still workin' on my Agnes story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home