Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm On a Mission

Vacation Bible School at St. Ignatius Loyola is always a great time for most of the kids. Crafts, games, snacks, air conditioning, songs...what more could you ask for?

Today I ran the craft table, making Holy Heroes Books...basically decorated photo albums that the kids could put prayer cards or saint cards or pictures of special people all in one place. As far as crafts go, it is quite an easy one.

The children raised money to help defray the costs of a seminarian from our parish.

I love to watch when the entire group of kids, captains, and guides get together. (The captains are older kids like Tony and Elena, and the guides are parents.) They sing cool songs like the one I used for my title, with choreographed movements. The spirit of JPII is there for me when they sing and dance to peppy tunes about their faith. I honestly could cry when I see the young people at these times...they don't know how lucky they are.

The high school kids or recent graduates who help out are phenomenal, too. It's usually at this age when we lose their interest, so I am very happy to see them participating. There were 135 kids who registered for VBS this year (this doesn't count the captains)...The largest group is 39 kids in Emma's age group. Wow.

They all wear special t-shirts with the theme of "Circus of the Stars" emblazoned on them. The captains and guides wear slightly different shirts...what a sense of belonging to something important.

************
Football Musing
I'm hearing rumblings that T.O. is not really getting along with his new QB, Bledsoe. So soon, T.O.? I'd love to see him on a reality show...oh, wait...he is on a reality show called the NFL.

Go Eagles!
Football





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home