Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

Boo Hoo

I am cherishing this last week before my kids go back to school. I miss them terribly in the first weeks...they miss me too. I am home when they come home from school, and I am grateful for that. I know that others are not so lucky. As I said before, I enjoy my time with them. I hope we always enjoy being together.

Getting ready for school is always such a flurry of activity. By the way, I am also grateful for school uniforms. I really like how we don't have to think about what is appropriate or comfortable to wear to school. Which reminds me, I have to stop at Holy Name and get Elena her official gym uniform....

We also discovered a macadam path that Elena can use to walk back and forth to her bus. It seems that she has to walk pretty far, uphill, too, but then I recall my walks to schools. Walking is good, but you can bet that I'll be giving her a ride when it's really cold or slippery. She is so lucky to be able to go to a great school like Holy Name. I am impressed with their curriculum choices and not only their theology and music classes, but their retreats and music activities. These are great choices for Elena. She is interested in the Liturgical Choir and the school musical, which will be Fiddler on the Roof. The ninth graders will have a retreat the SECOND day of school...this also impresses me. She is joining the folk choir at church, too. Her experience in the children's choir was a good one, so there's no doubt she'll enjoy this one, too. We'll see if she can still fit in Handbell Choir, too...which she also loves. My grandmother, a person who liked to sing and dance, according to my father...would be so proud of our Elena.

And yes, it's back to cheering tonight...(we got the power to, we got the power to, we got the power to whoop you)...I keep hearing that one in my head! Emma can't wait for those pom-poms. Her confidence inspires me.

Tony is taking it easy for the time being. We are working on finding a venue for his wrestling team at one of the area colleges. I'm hoping that we'll be at PSU because it is so close to our home...but we'd drive anywhere for wrestling.

Our schedule today includes a trip to Chocolateworld in Hershey and a Jaws marathon.

Hold on tight, Marie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Carten said...

The reader from Reading said: I am also grateful for school uniforms. I really like how we don't have to think about what is appropriate or comfortable to wear to school.

I hated the day our grammar school went to uniforms. I'm just not that much of a conformist. We had maroon and gray, so I went out and bought a maroon knit tie, wore that instead of the company tie. The nuns realized you pick your battles and, being wise gals, let me be. Did exactly the same thing in high school.

21 August, 2006 20:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home