Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 02, 2006

That Time Thing

Didja ever notice that time thing?

After the 9/11 terrorist attack, it seemed that I looked at the clock, unconsciously, every morning and evening at exactly...you guessed it...9:11. It wasn't like I was sitting there, watching the clock waiting for it to appear....I just looked and that was the time. Weird, huh?

I am normally a fairly light sleeper. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night. Could be a child rooting around in the kitchen, or Tony coming home from work, or even an animal prowling for peanut butter. For a while, though, I would wake up exactly at 4:13 am. Every night. It wasn't a noise or a scheduled train going by...it was just...weird.

In high school, we were dismissed at 2:40 pm. I ALWAYS looked at the clock at 2:30, anticipating getting out of the hellhole or going to practice. That isn't weird, though.

7:11 is another time that I notice more than disregard. Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.

In case you were wondering, I was born just in time for dinner.

**************

Darth Vader is still on the loose. Sigh.


***************

Celebrity News....source: Little Tony's actor friend, J.J., who is also 10.

J.J. landed a "background" (?) part in the Spiderman III movie. He says that the guy who plays Spiderman is "not very nice" because he rolls his eyes at people a lot. The J.J. report also says that Rose (?) an actress in the film is also "not very nice." She makes ugly faces at lesser-known actors, too. Alright, J.J.! Keep those celebrity tips coming! I wish J.J. a long and successful career.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see 911 on clocks all the time. I can be sitting doing nothing and I look up. There it is.
Never told anyone 'cause I thought it might be just me. I'm not harboring any PTSD over it that I know of. My hatred of "them" isn't buried deep enough to cause PTSD. I cheerfully hope "they"...Well, never mind.
I'm glad I'm not alone with 911. I'll have to ask around to see if it's become an unconscious trigger in our collective minds.

03 July, 2006 02:31  
Blogger Tom Carten said...

*
Marie said:I am normally a fairly light sleeper. For a while, I would wake up exactly at 4:13 am. Every night. It wasn't a noise or a scheduled train going by...it was just...weird.

*
4-13 is my birthday; nothing weird about commemorating that every night.

03 July, 2006 18:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home