Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

I have turned to one of my favorite authors for some summer reading, and have been delighted by the above book. It's a Cinderella story turned on its ear and the setting is wonderful to escape to on a hot day by the pool.

I haven't finished it yet, but I might even like it better than Wicked (gasp), although I love Elphaba more than any of the characters in this book. I guess that means it's a tie.

The setting is seventeenth century Holland. Wait a minute before you go yawning off into the sunset on me....Even though we deal with such an unusual milieu, I can relate to it from our time. That's part of the point...that relationships are relationships throughout history.

Anyway, give it a try.

*******

I got my new contacts this week. I CAN SEE! Yay!

Other updates:

The tomato plant is growing great! Darth Vader has escaped again. He has a five dollar bounty on his head. Tony Mickey turns ten on Monday. Emma and Tony are getting so much exercise from practicing from the swim team that it seems I can SEE them building muscle daily. It's amazing. Mr. and Mrs. Bagel are returning from their vacation today and all their fish are intact.

Please add Anthony's Aunt Agnes to your prayer list. She begins chemotherapy very soon. We have been saying the rosary in the car with a cassette tape from The Mary Foundation, available at www.catholicity.com for a $1.00 donation. For anybody filled with anxiety, it is a great stress buster. Try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home