Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

"Millions" of Complications

Once again, I used the film "Millions" in one of my classes. Although I've seen this film numerous times, today it had a strong personal effect.

During the ending of this fabulous film, there is a scene between a young boy and his deceased mother. (Don't ask...just view the movie!) The mother tells him that she's okay and not to worry about her. He wants to know if she's a saint...and she tells him that she is because he is her miracle. (Again, view the movie...) She also tells him not to worry about her, but that it's okay to miss her. Then she talks about the boy's father's new girlfriend. She says something like..."You know how complicated the money is? Sometimes people are even more complicated than that." The little boy understands. Amazing. She also tells him to be kind to his brother, and that although it seems that he's okay with her death, he probably isn't. He's hiding it.

(Those of you who know me will understand when I mention that the new girlfriend's name in the film is ironic to me personally. Funny, that.)

This scene made me cry today. I mean it....I bawled in my car on the way home because it'll soon be one year since my mom's gone onward on her journey and I don't think I've grieved properly. Somehow it seems as if she's on vacation and she'll be back sometime soon.

After my crying-in-the-car routine, I felt better. I made some progress in my grief dilemma. I also raided the trick or treat bowl and learned more about myself.

****************

Happy Halloween! For those who want to know...Elena is a witch with the coolest witch hat of purple and black with black feathers. The hat also has a veil with spiders embroidered on it. Her friends are meeting at our house this evening to begin their trick or treating gig. Tony is Darth Vader...again...but with a new costume that has lights on his chest that blink. Emma is a forest fairy and cute as can be. Her father told her that forest fairies skip and off she skipped to school. The crossing guard was quite amused. Yes, I'll be trooping around with the younger two this evening. I'll leave the bowl of Tootsie Rolls on the step, so stop by if you want any. BOO!
Trick Or Treat!






1 Comments:

Blogger ghabryelle said...

i like your post million of complication. Once again whe can say (everybody have a story that must be tell).

09 November, 2006 16:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home