Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

God Bless You, Steve Irwin

All the Calderoni kids are quite upset about the death of one of their favorite TV personalities, Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter.

This man was bigger than life to them: brave, strong, smart, loving. One of the books we donated to the St. Ignatius School library was about him.

I think the comment that tugged at my heart the most came from Emma. She said, "Nana must be so happy, Mom." I was confused and asked her why. "Because she is going to meet Steve Irwin in heaven now."
Wow.

The kids will be sending a sympathy card to Steve's family. I am putting the address below if anybody else wants to offer their condolences.

The Steve Irwin Family
Australia Zoo
Glasshouse Mountain Tourist Rte
Beerwah QLD 4519
Australia

God, please bless this man who helped nurture my kids' love of all living creatures. His teaching ability touched many children. He wasn't perfect, but who is? Console his children and wife, and all the children who loved him. Amen.

Crikey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words and the address. I appreciate how your kids feel, since they give their love innocently, with no other meaning. It's strange, but I feel as if I knew Steve. He came in to my house as if we were friends. I don't feel that way about TV people, but Steve is different.
I, too, will miss him. I pray for his family, his extended family of friends, animal lovers, co-workers, conservationists and all the critters he loved.
I'm crying as I write these words, because I lost a friend and his death has made me so cranky!
RIP and in the arms of God,Steve-o.
Joan

08 September, 2006 14:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home