Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Aunt Joanie to the Rescue

I am happy to report that Darth Vader has been recaptured. Little Tony yelled "there he is" while I was in the kitchen. I captured him next to the pots and pans earlier this afternoon. The first thing I did was to call in our animal expert, Joan.

"Help! I have Darth Vader in my hands...and he's twice the size he used to be."

Joan immediately roared into action. She advised us to put him in a shoebox with holes in it and put something heavy on top. We did. Ten minutes later, D.V. began chewing that box. We put him and the box into a tall laundry hamper. Two minutes later, he worked himself out of the box.

Two minutes or so after that, Joan rode to the rescue. She brought an aquarium, an aquarium stand and screening. We set everything up and D.V. was still making escape attempts. I duct taped the screening, but that doesn't seem to be stopping our fair hero hamster. He is hanging on it and trying to bite through it.

Right now, Joan and Elena are at the pet store to get a more satisfactory lid, watering bottle and maybe a wheel. Sheesh.

Tony and Emma and I are keeping a strict watch. D.V. is SO big and strong that as I type this, he is moving around his house (the former Skechers sneaker box that was his emergency confinement) about in one corner of the aquarium. Clever boy.

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose."

Egads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home