Name:
Location: Whitfield, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, April 24, 2006

Loving the Weather

After an overwhelming week and weekend, I happily awoke to the rumblings of thunder. Rainy days are the best days.

Fall is my favorite season, with spring a close second. I guess I like the transitions. This spring has been awesome, although we are officially under a drought watch. My baby Cherokee Red dogwood has bloomed, along with the old white one in the back. I had some monster bushes removed and am looking forward to a tower with swings to be installed there in two weeks or so. I bought some butter leaf lettuce to plant, even though I will have to share them with the rabbits. The tulips and hyacinths are open, and now it's raining. I'm luvin' it.

I need to give myself a rest mentally because it has been push push push for so many months. I'll be able to listen to what God is telling me to do, what my children are REALLY saying, and reconnect with my long neglected friends. I'm going to start the summer off by only agreeing to teach one class (for Reading Hospital School of Nursing) and walk every morning after my first purchase of new sneakers in years. This purchase hasn't even been accomplished yet. This is going to be the most "me" summer I've had in years, and I reach for it hungrily.

I'm almost finished with Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird. If I do get a dog, I think he could be an Atticus.

Here at Kutztown, the rain has stopped, and the sun is shining a bit. I'm off to my 1pm class meeting in the library.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Marie, you and I are very much alike when It comes to the weather. I love the rainy days and especially thunderstorms. That is where I get my power. In addition, yes, fall is my favorite season too. I know this is late but I hope you enjoyed your mental rest... Later, Stan

01 May, 2006 15:18  
Blogger Reading Reader said...

Wow...I learned something new about you, Stan! I remember you looking out a big window during a terrific thunderstorm at the beach...Wonder if we'll have a thunderstorm this year?

02 May, 2006 01:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home